Sunday, August 8, 2010

Ugh, Why?

Again with the garden? YES! It is a big part of my life right now. Is that sad? I don't know. The point is I came home from our trip to Jackson on Friday and this is what I found-


In case the photo is unclear all my potted plants are on deaths door, my big tomato plant fell over. I mean come on, why did mother nature design a plant that would fall over with my awesome tomato growing ability!
Also, these danged squash. If you are having any trouble sorting out the squash from the other plants I'll help you. See all that green stuff. That's all squash growing OVER the rest of my plants!

This is the sprinkler I set on the lawn on a timer to water when we left. This is the little yellow dot it became (f.y.i. you can't see it)-

So then it was up to me to fix it. In case I failed to mention this I work alone, and by alone I mean Kevin sat inside and watched American Pickers while I was out in 90 degree heat, deflecting bug attacks, and hacking off thorney squash vines and smelly tomato stems. Here is my pile-


But this is what I was rewarded with, so YAY!


Yippee!


And Yum!!!
Jealous Yet?

3 comments:

  1. that salsa looks SO GOOD. did you make your own cilantro, too???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandon and I are having the same problem our spaghetti squash has gone from one side of the garden to the other and is entangling itself in the weeds and the other plants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I grew the cilantro. There is alwayse Next Year!

    ReplyDelete