Sunday, September 15, 2013

The Tent









I just can't help it, I love to make things for Levi! Even giant things that I have no idea what to do with. I originally saw the plans for one of these tents on Pinterest (link HERE). The process was fairly simple, and only required a bit of time. I say a bit of time, but I did the whole thing in a day, between naps and Kevin helping to watch Levi. 

I personally found constructing the tent to be empowering. I am woman, here me ROAR... and yelp, and screech. Hey! Chop saws and staple guns are intimidating. I even went to Home Depot in the morning without Kevin and bought lumber (don't you think that lumber sound more impressive than wood?).

So...sew,sew,sew,chop,chop,chop,staple,staple,staple..done! Just like that.

After I had it all put together I did just a little decorating. I put the GINORMOUS stuffed bear inside, I'm so glad it has a home now that is not my living room couch. I wrapped some embroidery floss at the top to make an interesting stripped effect, and I painted a sign so that Levi would know that it is his tent.. well, one of these days he'll realize that it has his name on it, anyway.








No comments:

Post a Comment