Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Spook Book

Just in time for Halloween. I've created and completed my own Frankenstein monster, from bits and scraps, and a little madness! Levi's new Spook Book might be a little advanced for him this year, but I hope it will become a family treasure in the future. The hardest part of any Quiet Book, for me, is deciding what I want to create a book about. In my research I came across a few funny children's songs so I came up with one of my own! It's sung to the tune of "The Farmer in the Dell." I'll put the words up at the end for you, so you can read them a little easier then in the pics.


The cover - Duh!

Left Page: Three removable tombstones with three interchangeable ghosts. The idea here is that one of the ghosts has a smiley face and you can play a "guess where the happy ghost is" game.
Right Page: A vampire that has a mirror instead of a face. The kids can look in the mirror then move the arm to reveal their face.

Left Page: A dry-erase witch. I transferred a witch I drew to fabric, then I sewed a piece of plastic over it. I added a dry-erase marker so the kids can make the witch as hideous as they want!
Right Page: A pumpkin "puzzle." It's a blank pumpkin that I made interchangeable pieces of eyes, noses, and mouths

Left Page: A Tic-Tac-Toe spider web.
Right Page: Frankenstein with a zipper mouth. He holds the Tic-Tac-Toe pieces inside.

Left Page: A movable Skeleton with chains.
Right Page: Two Owl finger puppets with movable wings.

And now, as promised, the words to my song!



The Ghosts Haunt The House 

The Ghosts Haunt The House 

They’re Moaning Boooo As They Pass 

The Ghosts Haunt The House 



The Vampires Dress In Black 

The Vampires Dress In Black 

They Love Castles, And Blood, And Bats 

The Vampires Dress In Black 



The Witches Ride On Brooms 

The Witches Ride On Brooms 

With A Black Cat Upon On The Back 

The Witches Ride On Brooms 



The Pumpkin’s Orange And Round 

The Pumpkin’s Orange And Round 

We’ll Carve A Face And Light It Up 

The Pumpkin’s Orange And Round 



The Spider Spins Her Web 

The Spider Spins Her Web 

She Has Eight Legs To Creep About 

The Spider Spins Her Web 



Frankenstein’s Big And Green 

Frankenstein’s Big And Green 

He Shuffles, Clomps, And Stomps About 

Frankenstein’s Big And Green 



The Skeleton Dances Around 

The Skeleton Dances Around 

Twirling In The Cemetery 

The Skeleton Dances Around 



The Owls Perch In Trees 

The Owls Perch In Trees 

Their Eyes Gleam Yellow In The Night 

The Owls Perch In Trees


1 comment:

  1. So creative! So jealous! Have i mentioned it think we would be the best of friends if we lived closer? Good work:)

    ReplyDelete