Monday, September 9, 2013

A Quiet Book: Camping!

I've been jonesing to blog for a little while now, and while I have a million things I could write about I'm going to tell you about something that has been on my mind... QUIET BOOKS! Oh my gosh, I think I have a quiet-booking addiction. It's been a few months since I finished up the last one I did. A sweet little camping themed one for little D, my niece. Let me share, I hope her mom doesn't mind :)!


Left Page: A Tent that buttons closed with a no-break mirror under the flap
Right Page: Four Woodland Animal finger puppets that velcro under burlap flaps

Left Page: A fire that "crackles" when you touch it (crackley plastic is stuffed inside of it)
Right Page: Fireflies (made of shrinkable plastic) and beads that you can shake inside of the jar (clear plastic)

Left Page: Felt leaves in a net for collecting or counting
Right Page: A fuzzy Bear and pairs of flowers connected by embroidery floss to pull back and forth


Left Page: A compass with a spinning needle
Right Page: A felt camera with a hole to look through that goes in the pocket

I feel I should mention that I made the pages of this book out of a recycled pair of my Jeans to add an awesome rustic quality. I love how it worked out with the pocket and frayed edges!!! I still have a few more Quiet books to share, but not today as Levi will be up from his nap ANY SECOND! Stay tuned to see if I get a Halloween Book made like I really want to do, Levi permitting :)








3 comments:

  1. This is SUPER adorable. I have been making these for about a year now, totally addicted!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw! Thank you! I agree, totally addicting. Both the making of quiet books and looking at books others have made :)

      Delete
  2. How fun! I especially love how you incorporated the pocket with the camera.

    ReplyDelete