Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Why visit Oregon? That's why....

We are getting pretty good at road trips this summer! This last weekend we went to visit Kevin's sister Kristi and her family, an 8 hour drive away in Grants Pass Oregon. I have to say, our drive there was one of the most eventful this year. It started with being super windy between Richland and The Dalls, then trying to navigate through Portland, Oregon gas stations where thye pump the gas for you, miles of construction and traffic jams in Salem, more construction, and more construction, toped off with windey freeways at 70mph in total blackness (aaahhhhh!).

But we made it!

Kristi gave us a tour of the house (FABULOUS!) and the town (FUN!). One of our favorite things to do during the visit was play tennis. Kevin and Dave (Kristi's husband) got Lucy (daughter) to be the ball girl. She loved it and was great at it! It was a luxury we never have when we play at home :)


This is Lucy sprinting after a stray ball



Bryn (other daughter) handed these to me through the fence


On Saturday we got to spend some quality Aunt/Uncle/Niece time while the parents went to Rock Out at a concert


Bryn entertaining Uncle Kevin

Kevin taught Bryn to "Pound"
It is the cutest and funnest thing EVER

This is when Bryn decided to like me.
I don't know why, I look scary here!


The girls just wanted to help Uncle Kevin put their new chairs together

Sunday we watched football. It was great to see the Seahawks win for once! I give credit to my team spirit, even Bryn joind in the occasion


Goooooooooooo Seahawks!!!



The end here is a photo collage of our trip I made courtesy of Lucy's photography (my favorite is the one of Kevin on the Tennis court doing the "superman")

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog more than mine. And that says a lot. Also, this comment says its from Sean, but it's really from his much cooler counterpart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute!! my family is pretty when there are no pictures of me and dave with the kids! thanks for the visit-we loved it!

    ReplyDelete